Tuesday, October 13, 2009

J'ai 25 ans. Vraiment!

So I'm 25 t'day. I just got home from teaching 2 Frida-Kahlo lessons w/ still life watermelons, or sandias, as she'd say. I'm drinking a half-glass of Crystal Light lemonade, waiting for my Totino's three cheese pizza to crisp, and intending on only eating the crusty circumference, leaving the soggy, greasy remainder to H (aka "scrap boy").


It's my party and I can dine how I want to....

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



I was surprised with the evening off from work. Able to do whatever I want, I've selected blogging and reflecting, going to the gym, and relaxing until H comes home & we go to a movie. Self-preservation is a better gift....and besides, I'm having a party on Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday--no pressure--this party has the potential to be the defining moment of my "rebirth" into my old, happy self. The struggle is (mostly) over, days/weeks have "normalcy" now, and I've made a lot of cool friends. I'm trying to make it the best...decorating, food, etc. I'll take pix.

But back to today...it's been an excellent day. Last night, H surprised me with a cake & played me the Beatles' birthday song, and this morning, while eating cake for breakfast, I opened my family's gift packages. My mom spends so much time preparing these and making them look so special...it's enough to make me cry...(see here:)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I cry a lot. It's not like I think I'm a piece of crap or anything, but it makes me feel so fuzzy and happy knowing people love me--especially when it's all in one big shot.

**All pictures taken on my new camera, provided by H via birthday present. I could have died.

0 comments: