Monday, December 1, 2008

Us & Time


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I find my classroom  stale to me now. I had such ambition in August to create some kind of educational nest, but it just looks like too neon and postery...like Barbie running for senate (with desks). I sort of want a nice little calendar like this...maybe a wall hanging that would swing it into another direction. Who said a classroom can't be chic, or at least interesting? I peer into the halls at school and find them, well, very institutional.

Also, I've been finding myself to be stale. I've been having creepy dreams and motivation to go in a new direction on many levels..., but something sweet unexpectedly happened today:

When I haphazardly mentioned, "Oh man...I need a makeover," while pinning back a curl gone awry, one of my students said, "I'm not going to tell you to shut up ma'am, because you're the teacher, but really I like you just the way you are." 

*faints into a fluffy pink cloud of happy*

P.S. A possible explanation for all the trippyness might be due to the doc on "Dark Side of the Moon," and re-listening to "Us & Them" which I can't get out of my head...I feel like my dad.

0 comments: