Thursday, October 21, 2010

Birthday Redux

I am sitting here eating frozen Cool Whip by the spoonful, and that's good in case you haven't tried it.

My parents departed yesterday around 11:30 am, and that was a bummer for me because we had a really good time. I'm currently trying to catch up on other things I'd missed and dissed while they were in town, including recapping my birthday and fulling giving thanks and acknowledgment.

I feel that 26 could be really awesome. For one, I am no longer a novice, and I am not yet old! That being said, I have some creeping pre-wrinkles around my mouth which I am currently scrutinizing in my computer-side mirror.

Since my parents were coming the day after my b-day and staying for 6 days (and the previous weekend was ACL), a birthday happy hour was the doable deal.

I chose Aquarelle because it was French and I had not yet been there. It was the perfect semi-provencal setting, and although the servers were a little spotty (one introduced himself as "Chaos"), it was so beautiful and the weather could not disappoint!

Here's me by the sign at the end of the night (Notice the MS Word font...how off-putting)
Photobucket

The guests (L-R: Scarlett, Melissa, Cathleen, me, Neil, Cassandra, and Paul) Jarrad left & H was taking the fotito.
Photobucket


Photobucket

What a delicious face I'm making!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Un peu de Sauvignon blanc? Pourquoi pas?
Photobucket

Do you give a hoot about your birthdays as you approach your elder years?



0 comments: