Sunday, March 7, 2010

It was....bacon?

I'm at a coffeeshop this morning, which should eliminate my anal distractions. And while that sounds bad, it just means that I always do 10 irrelevant things before the plan.


I thought I saw a petit pain au chocolat here today. I ordered it, and realized the chocolat was actually le bacon.

Rats.

Today I'm working on lesson plans. That's correct--for the last few weeks I have been teaching my own lil' class, 6th grade English, and I am no longer a sub! Of course I am very excited, but there'snew challenges. Primarily students who hate my class because "we work too much". I thought I would at least be a novelty for two seconds; I'm not ready for revolt so soon!

So I'm trying to make it more exciting for them, and myself of course.

Also, I am taking my official English (4-8) exam for Texas certification, to add to my high school one. So I will be forcing myself to study for that.

But I am mostly trying NOT to stress out on the Sundays. There's absolutely no need for it.

I've decided that stress stems from fear, and there's nothing to be afraid of.

And although that sounds noble, my realization came from me acting like a 2-year-old last Sunday.

How do you handle stress? I'm trying just to not procrastinate. I mean, it is Sunday, but it's Sunday morning!


0 comments: