Monday, January 26, 2009

Ze point of eating is ze event

I don't know if this is the same for everyone, but I always like having a simultaneous side-obsession to keep me going through the work week.

For the past week, I've been trying to master eating like a French woman. I read a whole load of articles describing how they enjoy grocery shopping, cooking, serving, and savoring with family and friends.

I think I just eat whatever because I have to eat, and the downside to being a super efficient person is that I take the enjoyment out of grocery shopping and cooking.

Boo to me.

Anyway, I've switched things up and I really feel more relaxed and good in general.

After all, the food you cook becomes a part of you.
Photobucket

I still pretty much cook for 1, sometimes 2...so I guess this is a start.

Anyone else tried going against the USA and enjoying food again?


Photobucket

I guess I'm just adding "chef" to the list of other things I want to be (musical performer, hairstylist, interior designer, yoga instructor, designer, etc.)

Gotta go...hair dye is done!

2 comments:

Stylish Intellect said...

This is an amazing way to look at eating. I've been trying to make all my meals at home, but I still have yet to seriously enjoy it.

Aberdeen said...

It's definitely not easy. Honestly, sometimes in the morning I'd rather spend an extra 10-20 minutes trying on outfits...but it's worth it.